Orthodontic treatment moves teeth to create a better functioning bite with improved appearance.
We are able to provide short duration orthodontic treatment for suitable patients on a private basis. We can also refer more complicated cases, and those severe enough for NHS funded treatment to local orthodontic colleagues.
If you are interested in a consultation for how to straighten teeth you can book in
Adults with minor to moderate can be treated at Beckenham Dental. Severe cases we can liaise with a local Orthodontist to set up a treatment plan.
Children can be referred to our local NHS orthodontic referral centre.
There are a few systems out there to straighten teeth. You can have the conventional way of using fixed brackets or the clear way of using Invisalign.
The dentist will discuss your options after a consultation
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is a set of removable, clear aligners that gently move teeth into a more properly aligned position. This revolutionary orthodontic system lets you have the teeth straightening treatment you want, without the embarrassment of a mouth full of metal wires and brackets. The average treatment time is about 1 year, although the treatment period may vary depending on the individual orthodontic case.
What can you expect from the Invisalign Treatment Process?
- An impression of your teeth will be obtained even before any treatment planning takes place, to make sure that your teeth can be straightened using Invisalign.
- Upon confirmation that you can take advantage of this cutting-edge system, a detailed virtual 3D treatment plan (ClinCheck) will be developed and presented to you.
- ClinCheck will show you the projected series of movements your teeth will be planned to go through during the course of the orthodontic treatment, so you can see for yourself what the end-result will be after Invisalign– even before the actual treatment starts.
- You will start the treatment by wearing the virtually invisible, removable aligners in 2-week periods. Your teeth will gradually move into the desired position as the treatment progresses. During the treatment period, you will be asked to come in for regular checkups to monitor the teeth straightening progress, until the desired result is achieved.
What Problems can be solved by the Invisalign System?
These are some of the most common concerns that can be improved by Invisalign:
- Overcrowded or crooked teeth
- Widely-spaced teeth
- Deep bites
- Under bites
- Cross bite